Local weather & possible downtime

While most of you are enduring cold weather or at least some version
of winter, here in Townsville, Australia it's summer and that means:
cyclone season! Yes, the first of the year in our area is headed our
way from the northeast and is forecast to cross the coast a bit north
of here during Friday morning. It's forecast to be only a Category 1,
so not a big deal. Wind and rain (we need the rain), but not
destructive (as long as one doesn't live or camp in an area subject to
flooding or tidal surges; we don't). However, it doesn't take much to
cut off our power for awhile, so that's always a possibility. Just
letting you know in case I go conspicuously silent for awhile, or you
see news reports about it. But really, people in the scorching hot
parts of the country, where the fire risk has been labelled
"catastrophic", are in much greater danger.

--Jean