Version 4.2 Getting Started Guide, Chapter 2

Hello

I've uploaded an edited draft of GS4202. The draft can be found here:
http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/getting-started/draft-lo-4.2/gs4202-settinguplibreoffice/view

In this version, I've made the most of the changes that are listed on the User Guide Tasks page (https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development/UserGuideTasks).

LO4.2 appears to introduce options for finer control over English language checking. A series of check-boxes can be found under Options/Language Settings/English Sentence Checking which appear to enable toggling of particular grammar, punctuation and conversion corrections. On my installation (LO4.2 beta2 on Windows 8.1) they appear to do nothing at all. I briefly tested all the options and, with the exception of the 'Extra Spaces' check-box, they had no effect at all on corrections (both with free-typing auto-corrections and when the 'Spelling and Grammar' was invoked from the 'Tools' menu). I wonder if they are currently experimental. As such, I have been unable to fully complete the draft for GS4202 and have left space (commented in the draft) for an explanation of these options.

I will edit and upload a draft for chapter 3 when I get some spare time during the week.

Regards,

Martin

I have edited and added to Martin's updates. Some questions remain for
others to address; comments in file.

Uploaded here: http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/getting-started/feedback-lo4.2/gs4-2-ch2-setting-up-lo/view

--Jean