Version 4.2 Getting Started Guide

Hello

I've recently had time to look at sections of the Getting Started guide with a view to updating it to the LO 4.2 branch.

I've taken a look at the first three chapters (of the most recent published versions edited by Jean) and noted the changes brought about in the Windows 8.1 version of LO 4.2 beta 2.

I did not edit any of the guides directly and upload them as I was unsure whether to edit the recent versions published by Jean or to make edits to the auto-formatted versions submitted to the mailing list by Milos. There is also the fact that the stable LO 4.2 release may introduce further changes.

Instead, I've made a detailed list of the aspects that will need updating upon release of LO 4.2 and noted some of them here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development/UserGuideTasks

Unfortunately, in submitting the form (as a test) before adding all the notes, I have been throttled so am unable to make further changes until the anti-spam time limit expires. I have attached an ODT file containing all the changes so perhaps someone can update the page on my behalf.

I'll continue looking at the Getting Started guide when I get time (leaving chapters 4, 6, 7 and 8 as noted on the User Guide tasks page above).

Merry Christmas,

Martin

Hi Martin,