Adding definitions to description of statistical functions in Calc

Hi

Whenever I need a statistical function in Calc, it annoys me that I
cant see the definition.
F.ex is stddev corrected or uncorrected?
I would like to add definitions to the description that is displayed
in the function dialog.

Any thoughts on the idea and pointers to getting started is appreciated.

Best regards, Silas

Hi Silas
You can get a lot of information from here, in section 6.18:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/cs01/OpenDocument-v1.2-cs01-part2.html#__RefHeading__1018622_715980110

Regards
JohnS

Hi Silas
You can get a lot of information from here, in section 6.18:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/cs01/OpenDocument-v1.2-cs01-part2.html#__RefHeading__1018622_715980110

The "Semantics" part is exactly what I am looking for. A simple way of
making this info more available would be to add a link in the function
reference at
https://help.libreoffice.org/Calc/Functions_by_Category and in the
insert function dialog.

If there is interest in this, I could work on it.

I looked around in
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/help/tree/source/text/scalc
but I cant really figure out how it is organised, is there an
explanation of the directory/filenaming somewhere?

Best
Silas

Hi Silas
The Docs team are responsible for producing the User Guides. I guess the information you are requesting *could *be added to the relevant chapter in the Calc guide *if* it was thought necessary to enhance the understanding of users. That's not a decision in which I have an input.
The Help files and their index is not part of the documentation team's remit. I don't know who deals with that I'm afraid.
The Insert Function dialogue is part of the programme UI and is dealt with by the Development group. I believe, though I've never done it, that you have to request a programme enhancement through the Bugzilla system if you want something added like you have described.

I guess you're after something like this for the help files:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Calc:_STDEV_function

Sorry I can't be of further help.
Regards
JohnS

Hi Silas
The Docs team are responsible for producing the User Guides. I guess the
information you are requesting *could *be added to the relevant chapter in
the Calc guide *if* it was thought necessary to enhance the understanding of
users. That's not a decision in which I have an input.

I looked at Appendix B of the Calc User Guide, and I think it would be
nice to add definitions to the statistical function reference. However
the information is already available in the standard you linked to, so
it is more an issue of making it easily available from Calc.

The Help files and their index is not part of the documentation team's
remit. I don't know who deals with that I'm afraid.

I will try to contact some of the people that makes commits to the help files.

The Insert Function dialogue is part of the programme UI and is dealt with
by the Development group. I believe, though I've never done it, that you
have to request a programme enhancement through the Bugzilla system if you
want something added like you have described.

I will try that.

I guess you're after something like this for the help files:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Calc:_STDEV_function

Sorry I can't be of further help.
Regards
JohnS