Help re digital signatures?

Reposting this with a different title in hope that someone with a
digital signature will notice and can advise whether our writeup
(which appears in most of the books, though possibly worded slightly
differently) covers the topic correctly and sufficiently completely.

--Jean

I would look it over, but the file is password protected

Try it now. I've changed the permissions on it.

SO I looked over the doc on installing and using digital sigs -- it
should make it more obvious as to which application you are in at any
stage AND it should make reference to setting and using certificate
path. Most importantly, it needs to clearly state that a user DOES NOT
install a certificate in to LO any more.

I think what is required is for somebody who has a digital signature to write
the procedure for using a digital signature and installing a digital
certificate onto a computer. This installation of a digital certificate onto
a computer does have to be very generic because of different setups and
operating systems.

I also suggest that whoever writes the procedure uses a computer with Ubuntu
installed using the Radiance theme. That way screen shots taken would match
Chapter 6 in the Calc Guide. The alternative is to tell me how to install a
digital certificate on an Ubuntu operating system so that I can write the
procedure. I do have access to the free CA Cert Signing Authority
certificate.

With regards

PeterS

Hi Peter,
You will need to have either mozilla firefox or thunderbird installed. Certificates are under options -> advanced -> certificates -> view certificates -> import. Import the certificate that you saved.
In LO select Tools -> Options -> Security -> Certificate path and select either thunderbird or firefox as the certificate store.
To sign a document select File -> Document Signatures and then select the certificate you wish to use for signing.

Hello Mark

I am having problems with the digital certificate I obtained from CA Cert Signing Authority, an open source and free certificate. Firefox and Thunderbird will not import this certificate. The format required is PKCS12. Where do I get a certificate that uses this format that is free to use.

Regards

Peter Schofield
psauthor@libreoffice.org