Calc Guide 4.1 New Version

Hello

A new version of Chapter 5 Using Graphics in Calc is now in the Calc Drafts
LO4.1 folder on the ODF Authors website ready for review and comment.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/calc-guide/draft-lo4.1/cg-chap-05-using-graphics-in-calc/view

This chapter has been rewritten and screenshots changed to match Calc Guide
Chapters 1 to 4. The rewrite was necessary to correct errors and omissions
from the published version of Chap 5.

Regards

PeterS

Hi Peter,

first comment is cosmetic: page 7 "Embedding Image Files" the first line should read "Embedding an image"

second is more important: Page 10 "Using the picture toolbar" in the Color line there is a reference to Figure 19 which should be Figure 6.

Cheers

Hello Tim

You will find that I tend not to use a singular heading when referring to items. That is why I have used "Embedding image files” and not “Embedding an image”. This stems from my previous work when working with Simplified English and my training in technical writing.

I shall check the reference on Page 10.

Regards

Peter Schofield
psauthor@libreoffice.org

Hello

New file for Chapter 5 Using Graphics in Calc now in the Drafts LO4.1 folder
on the ODF Authors website. The cross reference on Page 10 has been
corrected.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/calc-guide/draft-lo4.1/cg-chap-05-using-graphics-in-calc-1/view

Regards

PeterS

I will be publishing this later today, and also replacing the chapter
in the full book (at the same time as correcting the missing x-ref
errors reported by a reader).

Peter and Tim, I am amused that neither of you noticed that the cover
page of the revised chapter showed "Chapter n" not "Chapter 5".

I must be getting old. I think it was before my morning coffee ;-))))))

Peter Schofield
psauthor@libreoffice.org

I have now published Ch5, and also corrected and replaced (on
ODFAuthors and the wiki) Chs 3, 9, 10, all of which had missing
x-refs.

I ran out of time to final-check and upload the full book (containing
Peter's replacement Ch5), but I should do that today.

--Jean

The full Calc Guide v4.1, containing Peter's replacement Ch5, is now
on ODFAuthors and the wiki. Not sure when I'll get the printed edition
updated.

--Jean

Hello Jean

I shall finish the rewrite of Chapter 6 by Wednesday 12 Dec. Can you hold
publishing until I submit the new Chaptyer 6?

Regards

PeterS

Hello

New version of Calc Guide Chapter 6 Printing, Exporting and Emailing now in
the Drafts LO4.1 folder ready for review and comment.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/calc-guide/draft-lo4.1/cg-chap-06-printing-exporting-and-emailing/view

The screenshots have been replaced and the text rewritten to correct
omissions and errors.

Please check the Digital Signature section because I do not have a digital
certificate to fully check the procedure for digitally signing a document.

Regards

PeterS

Hello

With help from Mark Morin, I have managed to correct the digital signing
procedure in the Calc Guide Chapter 6 Printing, Exporting and E-mailing. A
new version of this chapter is now in the Calc Drafts LO4.1 folder on the
ODF Authors website ready for review and comment.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/calc-guide/draft-lo4.1/cg-chap-06-printing-exporting-and-emailing/view

Please note that the digital signing procedure is only an example of how it
can be done. Everything depends on the computer operating system and hoe a
use has setup their computer.

Regards

PeterS