LibreOffice 4.0 Getting Started Guide

Hi Team,

I have just started using LibreOffice (on an iMAC with OS X 10.8) having used OpenOffice in the past. Delighted by the Getting Started Guide. I would like to support your efforts by providing feedback.

As to linking styles, this does not work for Page styles. When creating a new Page style from an existing style, the window has "Linked" greyed out: works OK with, say, paragraph styles.

I get the same result with a document and a template.

Any idea if this is intended, or a bug, or something?

I want to set up page styles for a document with chapters. I thought I could do this by creating a "Base" page style with the document title common to all chapters centre headings (as a field) and different right heading for each chapter. I can, of course, do this by manually applying the centre heading to every page style I create, but l expected that by linking the new page style to the base style the chapter heading in the "Base" page style would be set into each linked page style automatically.

Best wishes, Alan Wheatley

Page styles cannot be linked. That is working as designed and AFAIK it's always been that way. BTW, you often don't need as many page styles as you might initially think. Chapters 6 & 7 in the Writer Guide have more details.

--Jean