Calc Guide?

Work on the Calc Guide seems to have stalled, or gone into the "very,
very slow going" category for those chapters that I'm aware are being
worked on. We need people to take Chapter 14 and Appendix C. Both
should be fairly easy to check. If you have problems with replacing
screenshots in Ch14, just mark which ones need replacement, and make
any necessary changes to the text.

Would really be nice to get this book done this year, don't you think?

--Jean

Tell me how to access the document and I'll give it a shot.
mark

Mark,
You can get it here without needing a login. I'll check later and set
up an account for you at ODFAuthors if you don't already have one;
that is where you should return the edited file. You can also return
it directly to me if you have any problem with the website.
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/d/d5/CG3414-CustomizingCalc.odt

--Jean

Hi Jean
Just to reassure you that Appendix B is still work in progress. I now know what wading through treacle with your shoe laces tied together must feel like.
There's quite a few bugs and lots of research on existing bugs that may influence what I'm looking at, to deal with.

Regards
JohnS

Thanks for checking in, John. I had assumed you were still slogging through that appendix. Many people who have worked on it over the years have disappeared into the treacle and have never been seen again, poor things. Those who emerge deserve a medal IMO.

Thank you again for accepting this assignment.

--Jean

Checking in,
I was aiming for the end of the month (October) but it's going to be a
few more days. It was a little more involved than I had anticipated.
Mark
PS Happy Halloween everyone!

Hello Jean

As LO4.2 is about to be available, I think it would be a good idea if I do a look and feel edit on the Calc Guide. That way this guide would no longer be an orphan. What do you think? I can make a start after I complete the Draw Guide 4.1.

If other volunteers could upgrade the Calc Guide to 4.1 would be good. The change from 4.1 to 4.2 should not be that great.

With regards

Peter Schofield
psauthor@libreoffice.org