LO white paper

Hi everyone,
I've done a bit of updating of my white paper (making the case to transition from MS Office to LO), and it can be found here:

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/white_papers/update-to-ms-office-to-libreoffice-white-paper-nov-4-2013/view

Or, if you don't have access to ODF, it's also available either in PDF or ODT formats here:

http://www.marbitz.com/portfolio/LO_White_Paper.pdf
http://www.marbitz.com/portfolio/LO_White_Paper.odt

Anyone can use it wherever it might be helpful. Does anyone have any suggestions for a permanent home?

David

Permanent home on the wiki. One file can be linked from several pages,
including Docs and Marketing. Haven't had time to think about that in
more detail, or look at the paper itself. That needn't stop someone
else moving ahead with this.

--Jean

Actually, just today I shared it on the Document Foundation's ownCloud site:

https://owncloud.documentfoundation.org/Common/Marketing/whitepapers

It's still on odfauthors.org, of course, and would be happy living just about anywhere else besides...

David

Hi David,

> Actually, just today I shared it on the Document Foundation's ownCloud
> site:
>
> https://owncloud.documentfoundation.org/Common/Marketing/whitepapers
>
> It's still on odfauthors.org, of course, and would be happy living just
> about anywhere else besides...
>
> David

I am not sure if things have changed, but, ownCloud is really for sharing of files with others, and the wiki is where we keep our documentation. In this case, IMO, the paper would be best kept on the wiki.

The purpose of ownCloud and the wiki are getting blurred and I too am getting a little confused over what purpose ownCloud has to do with our work flow. Maybe Charles could comment on this?

Cheers,

Marc

Hi everyone,

I did a little update to David's white paper. Love to hear what you guys
think.

Thanks!

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/white_papers/update-to-ms-office-to-libreoffice-white-paper-nov-13-2013/view

David, Preston,

I am very sorry but I may be raining on your parade.
First of all, please take away the logo with the TDF subline. This
white paper is by no means an actual official migration white paper
from TDF.

Second... Thanks a lot for this whitepaper. May I suggest that you work
with the certification team ? They already started on similar works and
I think we/they would really appreciate your input. You can join them
on the certification mailing list.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards and sorry for cooling a bit the enthusiasm,

Charles.

Charles,

David first offered his services back in late September. Since then he has produced a couple of "how-tos" and now this white paper.

How come it has taken so long for marketing to acknowledge his effort?

cheers

Tim,

Charles,

David first offered his services back in late September. Since then
he has produced a couple of "how-tos" and now this white paper.

How come it has taken so long for marketing to acknowledge his effort?

It's not about acknowledging his effort but making sure we respect
our trademark policy [1] and making sure his contributions go to the
right place and within the right context. Conversely, it may not be up
to "marketing" or to the certification team to reach out to David, but
the opposite.

But David's contributions are acknowledged anyway.

Cheers,

Charles.
[1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Logo_Policy

Hi,
I'm afraid that the edits to my migration white paper have gotten a bit too complicated and I just haven't got the time right now to keep track or respond to them. So I'll have to leave the document (in both its homes - odfauthors and ownCloud) in the capable hands of others.
Thanks,
David