suggestion

it's about libre office writer. i think (like user) you should add the text
watermark function in the following versions.
cheers

8 Kas 2013 09:01 tarihinde "pedro gomez gomez" <pedgomgom@gmail.com> yazdı:
Hi Pedro,

it's about libre office writer. i think (like user) you should add the

text

watermark function in the following versions.

I definitely wish that feature and already submitted bugs and added it to
Enterprises Nice To Have page here
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Enterprises_nice-to-have#Enhancement_of_Watermark_Feature

But documentation list may not be a good place to put your suggestion as :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Zeki

Hi :slight_smile:
I think Pedro is saying the functionality already exists? If it
doesn't then he is definitely in the wrong place. Personally i don't
much like the idea of watermarks. If i really needed something then i
would want to fine-grained control. It's easier for me to just drag
an image in and then right-click "arrange" to background layer.
Watermark sounds like it's going to be the same on every page and for
me that would usually create problems on some pages. Still it would
be good to have the functionality and that wiki-page might be the best
place to discuss it.

Greetings Tom,
I have been giving some thought to watermarks on Base reports. A long time ago, one could get sprocket-fed paper that had bands of light color alternating with no color, about 3-4 line heights each. This was convenient to differentiate data on lines from one side of the page to the other. The wider the page and the less data, the more convenient. Now that we have laser printers and this barred paper stock is not available, I could use a watermark that simulated those bars. Grey is fine, not the green or blue from years ago.
I have yet to investigate this. The HP laser printers I have do have watermark options, I am just not sure if a custom watermark can be downloaded to the printer and then how to get one that I can use. I need to research that.
Girvin Herr

Hello

The watermark feature works very well in LibreOffice Writer, but you are
restricted to using colours of graphics. If you want to use text for a
watermark, you have to turn your text into a graphic first. You can then
rotate the graphic to a suitable angle to get it to appear on a page with a
professional look.

I think using coloured bands as a watermark would be difficult because you
would not be able to space them correctly to match the lines on a page.

To setup a watermark, go to Format > Page > Background on the main menu bar.
Select either Color or Graphic as the watermark. If using Graphic, you have
to browse to the file you want to use, then select either Position, Area or
Tile. Click OK and the the watermark appears in your pages.

Regards

PeterS

There is a relatively simple method to get it, as I have posted in the
Spanish AOO forum:
Marca de agua mediante texto y no por imágenes
<https://forum.openoffice.org/es/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8998&p=36940&hilit=marca+agua&sid=9ec07b25038ac5b27b7760e8f896aeea#p36940>

Inserting objects in the header or footer to appear on all pages of that
page style.
a) Being in Writer activate the Draw toolbar.
b) With the cursor in the header/footer of the sheet we can insert virtually
any one of Draw objects, in almost at all of them we can add text.
c) Insert a text object, write the text and format it.
d) Rotating the object as we wish.
e) Placing it in background.

It seems that sometimes in order to select the object you have to stretch
the head with line breaks until some part of the object is selectable from
the header.

Thus we can edit the text of the object and situate as we wish.

WatermarkTest.odt
<http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n4082365/WatermarkTest.odt>

Miguel Ángel.