Some progress on the Base Guide, again

I have completed a major rewrite of chapter 2 of the Base Guide, Planning/Designing your Database. This has been uploaded to the ODFAuthors website:
http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/base-guide/draft-4.x/planning-designing-your-database/view.
      Also uploaded there is the ePUB version of it. By the way, the newer Calibre versions seem to convert from odf to ePUB better than earlier ones.
      The ODF version has also been uploaded to the Published page on the LibreOffice wiki as a 4.1.x draft. The wiki page for tracking a chapter's progress from submission through review, editing, and publishing has been updated.
      My To Do list: finish chapter 3, Data Input: Tables before the end of the year AND updating the Base Guide Outline with enough detail that someone can use it to write some of these chapters. (approximately up to 6 levels in the outline). I have already done some work on chapter 2 in it.
      One request: If you agree that "Getting Started with Base" should be the beginning (as I have come to believe), would you please move this chapter from the Getting Started folder to the Base 4.1.x Draft folder?
      Internet access is still limited and will continue to be so for the next several months.

--Dan

Dan,
Good to hear from you, and great to hear of both your work on this
book and the fact that Calibre seems to be doing a better job for
ePubs; creating ePubs of more of our chapters and books has been on my
to-do list forever, it seems. Getting good results used to be very
daunting and time-consuming.

I've been intending to move "Getting Started with Base" and not gotten
around to it, so it's good to be nudged. I also need to replace the
chapter in the Getting Started book with the replacement chapter you
provided some time ago; work on GS for v4.2 will be coming up the
priority list all too soon.

--Jean

Dan,
As requested, I have copied GSCH8 (GS with Base) into the Base Guide
folder on ODFAuthors. Sorry to have taken so long. I have left it in
the Published 4.0 folder for completeness, with a note that it will be
replaced with a new file in the next iteration.

--Jean