Conditional Styles - FAQ

I am trying to update the EN.FAQ Wiki article on Conditional Styles
(https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Faq/Writer/156) with English screen
captures. To make the captured dialog reasonably match the text I
followed the "how to" instructions. I name the new style "TextLevel2"
(sans quotes) and switch to the "Condition" tab and select the "2nd
Outline Level" context. At this point the "how to" text says:

"in the Paragraph Styles chose TextLevel2"

Even with the "All Styles" option selected the new "TextLevel2" style
does not appear in the list of Paragraph Styles. I have tried examples
from several other resources, including the LO Writer Guide chapter 7,
and any newly created style never appears in the list of Paragraph
Styles under the Condition tab.

Am I missing something, or have I stumbled onto a regression in 4.1.2?

Regards
Dave

Please disregard my previous post. I downloaded the French sample
document and tracked down the way that Conditional Styles actually work.

I will try rewriting the article to make the explanation a little clearer.

Apologies for the list noise.

Regards
Dave

Dave Barton wrote:

I wouldn't say it's list noise. It's good to know that members of the
team are working on stuff. A little chatter about what we are doing is
a good thing... reminds the rest of us that there are things that need
doing :slight_smile: and that we're not working on things in isolation.

Hopefully I'll be back at it myself in the coming week (now that I
finally seem to have stable internet access again). I'll pick up
where I left of with translating the Impress FAQ over from French.

Clayton

C wrote:

Please disregard my previous post. I downloaded the French sample
document and tracked down the way that Conditional Styles actually work.

I will try rewriting the article to make the explanation a little clearer.

Apologies for the list noise.

I wouldn't say it's list noise. It's good to know that members of the
team are working on stuff. A little chatter about what we are doing is
a good thing... reminds the rest of us that there are things that need
doing :slight_smile: and that we're not working on things in isolation.

Hopefully I'll be back at it myself in the coming week (now that I
finally seem to have stable internet access again). I'll pick up
where I left of with translating the Impress FAQ over from French.

Clayton

Hi Clayton,

Echoing Jean's earlier comment "Great to see you back here" :slight_smile:

I "think" I have now got my head around conditional styles and updated
FAQ156 with English screen captures & a sample document. I have tried to
enhance, rather than rewrite, the original author's article. I would
appreciate it if anyone can spare a moment to review my changes.

Regards
Dave

Someone should probably also compare this FAQ with the section on the
same topic in the Writer Guide (in Chapter 7, IIRC) and revise the WG
entry if necessary.

--Jean