Published How to create a budget in Calc

I made some minor changes to the draft and published this. Others may
wish to review, test, edit, comment.
http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/how-tos-tutorials/published/how-to-create-a-budget-in-calc/view

--Jean

Hi Jean, a couple of comments added to feedback. There are some instructions which don't seem right to me

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/how-tos-tutorials/feedback/feedback-on-budgets/view

regards

Hi,
I finally got to my budget how-to and, based on Tim's notes, I made some edits. One was based on:

    If you add more than a word or two of text to a cell, Calc will
    automatically extend the cell to include the space of the one to its
    right...and the one to its right if necessary.

        "Really? I thought you had to extend manually?"

    So I rephrased that to read:

        If you add more than a word or two of text to a cell, Calc will
        automatically flow your text into the space of the cell to its
        right...and the one to its right if necessary.

You can also format the Calc cell to wrap the text and it will not change the width of the cell. It will cause the cell to extend down the page for the text.