Willing to help

I am interested in helping with the LibreOffice documentation, especially for
Draw, which seems to be sort of a stepchild. I am a retired Ph.D. in
Mechanical Engineering with considerable experience in proposal and report
writing.

Thomas Hunter

Thomas,
My sincere apologies; I seem to have overlooked your note (along with
several others).

Welcome to LibreOffice Documentation! Your interest in Draw should
help fill a gap. We have a user guide for Draw, but we've long wanted
to also have some how-tos and tutorials giving specific examples of
using LO to do common real-world tasks that people in business,
publishing, academia, science and other fields need to do. These
how-tos, tutorials and examples would supplement the existing user
guides, showing people not just how to use the software but why, what
for, and in what circumstances. We have almost nothing along these
lines, so you can probably pick any topic that interests you and run
with it. Or if you prefer, Peter Schofield (who maintains the Draw
Guide) and I are happy to make some specific suggestions.

One place to start finding out what we're doing (and how) is
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development

It's not fully up to date, unfortunately, but I'm working on it.

Regards, Jean
P.S. I have set up an account for you on the ODFAuthors website, where
we store source files and working copies. You should receive an email
with a link to set your password.