Calc Guide chapters needing updating

Chapters 8, 9, 10, and 11 of the Calc Guide need to be updated to
v4.1. Any takers? You'll need to do some research to see what if any
changes in the program affect the chapter, as well as testing what's
written.

Chris, do you have material from the French guide to incorporate into
any of those chapters?

--Jean

Hello Jean

I have plans to upgrade Chapter 4 of the Calc Guide next. I will get to 8 to 11 in sequence because I need to go through the Calc chapters in order so I get a better understanding of how Calc works.

If anyone can upgrade these chapters so much the better. All I have to then is go through the chapters and give them all the same look and feel making the Calc Guide look very professional.

Regards

PeterS

So has anyone tackled the chapter on printing? Chapter 6?

I just got a couple of bugzilla notices that my old bugs I submitted back
in 3.3 OpenOffice days are still outstanding. One has been bypassed but I
would like to get my head around the print ranges work process. I will any
ways but if I can edit the documentation as a side benefit, I will.

Cheers

Shelagh

V4.0 of that chapter has been published, but can certainly use a review and (if necessary) an update to v4.1.

The Bugzilla notices you've received are probably for AOO, not LO, but always worth checking in case LO hasn't fixed them. (I just got a heap of AOO Bugzilla notices.)

--Jean

So I'll read it, absorb what it says, see if it works as advertised. And if
there is a difference change it. :slight_smile:

The print dialog has come a long way since 3.3 days though. The bit that I
am trying to learn is the print ranges stuff. It seems to me to be quite
unintuitive.

Cheers

Shelagh

As I said in another email. I will be away from the computer for about 3
weeks but my initial impression is that this chapter still stands for the
4.1 Calc. Every thing I test is the same but have not checked out if there
are extra features yet. I also hope to comment on clarity of meaning esp
for the name print ranges part.

Cheers

Shelagh