problem with "Base" documentation about "table control" in version 4

Good afternoon,

The documentation about Base version 4.0 in chapter “creating forms” describes a control called “Table control” , which is necessary (as far as I know) to implement a n:m relation.
But I tried it both in version 4.0 and 4.1 and the icon for “table control” did not show up in the “other controls” bar ; in version 3.6 it appears in that bar and it works as documented.

What happened to that control ? or where was I wrong ?

Thanks for your time,

edouard.muyldermans@skynet.be

Edouard Muyldermans
Brussels
Belgium

Hi Edouard,

The documentation about Base version 4.0 in chapter “creating forms”
describes a control called “Table control” , which is necessary (as
far as I know) to implement a n:m relation. But I tried it both in
version 4.0 and 4.1 and the icon for “table control” did not show up
in the “other controls” bar ; in version 3.6 it appears in that bar
and it works as documented.

What happened to that control ? or where was I wrong ?

Which system do you use? Following is tested from me with OpenSUSE 12.3 ...

Don't know, where you are searching. I have opend LO 4.0.5, opened a
form in a database for editing and pressed on the left "More Controls".
A toolbar for more controls appears. The toolbar contains 13 controls. I
could see "Tabel Control" on the right side of "Group Box" - the same
place as before.
Click with the right button of your mouse on the toolbar. There were
shown all controls. Isn't the "Table Control" chosen?

Regards

Robert