Joining the Documentation Team

Hello Everyone!

My name is Jessica, and I am very interested in joining the Documentation
Team.

My background is in usability and copy writing, and I would like to
strengthen my technical writing skills while contributing to this amazing
project.

I look forward to working with all of you!

Have a wonderful day,

Jessica

Hi,
My name is shelly, i have good experience in technical writing/technical authoring, I would like to join the documentation team, please advise me , how do I proceed...

Regards,
Shelly

I will set up accounts for both of you on the ODFAuthors website. That is where we keep working copies of the files for the user guides. You should register for an account on the wiki, if you don't already have one (you can do that yourself, unlike at ODFAuthors). The wiki is where we track the work (who is doing what) and keep other information for and about the project. You don't need an account to read what's there, only to edit it.
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development

The Contributors Guide includes our writing style guide as well as info on file naming and other procedural topics. I am in the process of updating some of the info.

The high priority work at this time is updating the Calc Guide and Base Handbook to LibreOffice v4.1. If you are interested in working on either of them, I can point you to more info on what's needed.

We also have a wish list of other (mostly shorter) items to write, edit, or update: tutorials, how tos, FAQs, tips and hints... In addition, research on what's missing or needs better explanation in our user docs, and contributions to the Docs Team's blog, are always needed.

--Jean
Team Leader, LibreOffice Documentation

I have now set up your accounts. You should receive an email with a
link to set your password.

--Jean

Hi there

I'd like to help too. For my sins, I wrote policies for Govt. and speeches for politicians for money, but also technical manuals for fun.
I run a non profit now that audits public sector projects, in the hope of more sustainability and impact.
I love the high quality and zero cost of LibreOffice and will do what I can to help.

Errol

Hi Jean,
Thank you very much, my ODFAuthors account is activated now, so, how do I need to proceed.

Regards,