How to change direction of Outline Numbering to RTL in LO Writer?

Hi :slight_smile:
I think we have a question that the Users List don't seem to know the answer too.  If you can help at all that would be great but don't worry about it if you can't.  It's not your main mission after all and you seem to be "on a roll" at the moment.

So, in a numbered list using an RTL language the numbers are still coming up as LTR but just on the other side of the screen.  I can't do this well in email but something like

2.1

2.2

2.3

Does anyone have a cure?

Hello Tom

My first thoughts are from when I used Ventura and FrameMaker to publish
documents.

To create a numbering system as you have shown you have to use be able to
include the paragraph number from the previous level. I think the following
example is what you mean.

2. Heading 1
  2.1 Heading 2
    2.1.1 Heading 3
3. Heading 1
  3.1 Heading 2

The Heading 2 number uses Heading 1 number as part of its number. The
numbering then automatically changes when a new higher level starts the
sequence again.

I could easily set this type of numbering in Ventura or FraeMaker, but the
question is how do you set this type of numbering in LibreOffice? There is
an outline numbering system in LibreOffice suggesting the above example, but
I am not sure how it works and to setup.

If I am on the right track, let me know and I will experiment.

Regards

PeterS

Hi :slight_smile:
Thanks :slight_smile:

Errr, tbh i didn't understand what you were saying but the o.p., Sina, might.  Please could replies CC their address as they might not be on this mailing list.

We did finally get a response from some of the most knowledgeable people on the Users List and they regretfully informed us it's just not possible in LibreOffice with RTL (=right to left (such as Arabic, Hindi and others)) layouts right now.  It's sounds like it is possible with LTR (such as English).  We hope to post a bug-report/feature request about this issue soon.

Ventura and FrameMaker are proper DTP packages aren't they?  Are they better than LaTeX or about the same?  Is it easy to import .odt into any of those?

Many thanks for looking into this as much as you have