Writer Guide 4.0 published

The ODT and PDF versions of the Writer Guide are on the wiki; ODT is
also on ODFAuthors. Print version should be available tomorrow; I'll
let you know. Then I'll get this book, plus the Base 3.6 Handbook, on
the LO website docs page.

I decided not to wait for others to final-proof this book. No doubt
someone will immediately find some glaring errors. :slight_smile: If so, I can
make corrections and replace the files. Publish early and often!

Huge thanks to John Smith for doing most of the work, and to everyone
else who contributed.

BTW, I found only a very few incorrect x-refs and "error x-ref not
found", unlike PeterS's recent experience with the Impress Guide and
some of my experiences with a variety of files a few weeks ago. I'm
using LO4.0.3 on a Macbook Air running Mountain Lion.

--Jean

I shall go through these chapters at my leisure. Do you want me to make changes and upload into Drafts, or just post comments on what needs to be changed?

Hazel,
Making changes in the chapter files is the most helpful: but if you spot any x-ref errors in the full book, a note to me about them is best. Thanks!

--Jean