Base 4.0 Handbook?

If anyone would like to translate the Base 4.0 Handbook from German, please dive in! I don't know how much it differs from the Base 3.6 book just published, so I don't know how much work might be involved.

Is it going to be easier to just update the English version rather than re-translate?  Base doesn't change all that much as it only has 1 or 2 devs working on it compared to the hundreds working on other apps/modules.  Either way of working seems good to me.

The program hasn't changed much, but some of the Base Handbook has
been rewritten to improve it. Therefore if it's worth updating for v4,
then the new and changed bits need to be translated. I should have
been more clear in my earlier note.

--Jean

Hello Jean, *,

If anyone would like to translate the Base 4.0 Handbook from German, please dive in! I don't know how much it differs from the Base 3.6 book just published, so I don't know how much work might be involved.

Let us wait a little bit up to the next version. I will have a look
what's new in the newer versions. The chapter for the reports, which has
been translated, is already a chapter of the new version of the
Base-Handbuch.
There has been much changed in the Macro-Chapter, also added a catchword
index and some more examples.

Regards,

Robert

Is there any reason we should not put a version 4.0 cover on the
translated Base 3.6 Handbook? Is any information in the 3.6 book
incorrect for version 4.0? Meaning: has Base v4 changed so that the
3.6 info is wrong? If the existing book can be "rebranded" for v4, I
think we should do so. It can be replaced with an updated/rewritten v4
book when one is available.

--Jean

Hi Jean,

Is there any reason we should not put a version 4.0 cover on the
translated Base 3.6 Handbook? Is any information in the 3.6 book
incorrect for version 4.0? Meaning: has Base v4 changed so that the
3.6 info is wrong? If the existing book can be "rebranded" for v4, I
think we should do so. It can be replaced with an updated/rewritten v4
book when one is available.

There has nothing been changed in Base from 3.5 to 4.0. In 4.1 will be
added some funktions. So I am working on a German update of the handbook
for the new version LO 4.1.

Regards

Robert