[Solved] Re: [libreoffice-users] title1 style used for selected words, not paragraph

Hi :slight_smile:
I think this has been solved now!
Thanks and regards from

Tom :slight_smile:

That won't make the word "Abstract" show up in the ToC, which I believe is what the OP wanted to be able to do.

--Jean

If the Index/tables settings allowed character as well as paragraph styles then that would have solved the problem. I would have thought the indexes would index by character styles.
Steve

I just remembered that there is a way to do what the OP wants. I think it involves a ToC index entry. I forget the exact term, and I can't check right now. I'll look it up later if someone else doesn't discover it first.

--Jean

Hi

Jean, you got the exact term. :wink:

To insert an index entry the user should:
- select the word or words that should appear in the ToC
- the go to Insert -> Indexes and Tables -> Entry.
- In the dialog that pops up choose Table of Context as Index
- Choose at what level the entry should appear in the index

I hope it the answer might help the original poster.

Regards,
Niklas Johansson