[libreoffice-l10n] Help reviewing comment translation (German -> English)

Hi :slight_smile:
This is a waay outside the aims of the Documentation Team but i wondered if anyone here could check the German to English translations in the link

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=447a924c115a86e96e91b24d744af70f97efde72

The German is in red and the English in green.  It's for devs rather than weeus so it doesn't have to be perfect and some of it may even not make any sense at all to most of us (eg "1-based" is a technical word that Base Devs will hopefully understand but i think the rest of us don't need to know).

At this stage it's probably best to avoid changes unless it's vital.  I thought the English was ok but i could't tell if it was the opposite of the red comments.  I'm really just looking for someone to say "it's probably good enough".
Apols and regards from

Tom :slight_smile:

Hi Tom,

The translations are fine, imho. I checked em all and the idea is there, I could not even come with a better translation.

As for 1-based, for those interested: for example, you have a list of values and you want to retrieve the first value ...
if the list is 0-based, the first value is at position 0, likewise, in 1-based lists, the first value is at position 1.

So yes, some developers consider the winner of a race to be 0'd, not first (since the second is first and the third second...), go figure. Some debvelopers have absolutely no clue when it comes to mathematics ... or general logic for that matter. They keep it complex so it looks intelligent.
My 0.02 :wink:

HP

Hi :slight_smile:
Thanks for checking that :)  I thought they would be fine but it's good to have that confirmed.
Many thanks and regards from

Tom :slight_smile: