Joining the happy throng of documentation editors

Hi

I did a bit of work once upon a time for the openoffice calc book. (graphs
and charts).

I would like to contribute again. I guess the calc book still needs some
love so I am happy to take on any chapter that needs work. So, could I have
access to whatever is needed to do that. I have used sshelagh as my
username if you need to look me up.

Cheers

Shelagh

YES!! Welcome back! I was just about to send out a call for help on updating the Calc Guide to LO v4, so you're very timely. I'll get your account set up soon; you'll receive an automatic note when that happens.

Just pick any chapter that appeals. Perhaps you'd like to start with a relook at the ones you worked on before, to see if anything needs updating?

--Jean

Hi Jean,

Yes I will have a look this weekend.

Cheers

Shelagh

So I am on the ODFAuthors page looking at the Calc chapters. The draft and
feedback folders are empty. I'm thinking I need to take a chapter out of
the 3.4 published folder? I know there are a couple of chapters in the 3.6
drafts folder but I am using 4.0 currently. Should I downgrade to 3.6? Or
go with 4.0?

Shelagh

Go with 4.0, please. If there's a 3.6 draft, you could start with it;
otherwise, use the published 3.4 chapters as a starting point.

Also, please have a look here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development/UserGuideTasks#Calc_Guide

I encourage people to fill in the boxes on the Tasks table, so we can
keep track of who's doing what.

The list of topics that needs to be included is almost surely
incomplete and out of date.

--Jean

Ok, I'll do that. I might just start with the first chapter. It'll take me
a while to sort out my own workflow.

Cheers

Shelagh

Hi :slight_smile:

I really like the use of wiki for keeping track of who is working on what.  I didn't realise there was room for so much detail.  On 1024by768 some of the columns looked a bit crushed so i just sorted the spacings out.  If anyone thinks i have made it worse i can always put it back the way it was or do some more modifications.  I think i have figured out how the page works in terms of spacing now so it should be fairly easy next time.