PING Tim Lloyd: Base Handbook Chapter 2 needs review

Thanks, Robert. I've amended the file and it's ready for someone to proofread.

Tim, would you like to have a look at this one? Also Chapters 3 and 4,
if you haven't already done them. Thanks!

--Jean

Jean,

chapter 2 uploaded to "Edited 3.5". I have created a new file called "Base h/b chapter 2 TL version". Nothing to worry about. Just a few comments although I have commented on the "changed:" section under "MYSQL databases" which seems a bit abrupt!

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/base-handbook/edited/base-h-b-chapter-2-tl-version/view

BTW I can see chapter 4 (forms). Is chapter 3 meant to be there?

Cheers

Sorry for confusion, Tim. Chapter 3 is here:
http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/base-handbook/reviewed

--Jean

Jean, I have been through chapter 4, chapter 3 to follow:

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/base-handbook/edited/base-h-b-chapter-4-tl-version/view

this is a pretty big document and there are a number of comments I have added. Most of them would be picked up by a spell checker but I have raised a few questions on content also.

Cheers
Tim

Yes, it would be useful if a volunteer would run a spelling checker over our files. I never do it, and am unlikely to ever do it; I'm paying attention to other things during what little time I have available, and it drives me nuts with all the items that spelling checkers don't recognise. Yes, I could do something about a lot of them (custom dictionary etc) but I won't take the time.

Is it possible to directly make the changes and save the updated document?  Aren't comments mostly meant for dealing with uncertainties to get feedback from the list?

Err, it's a fairly genuine question because i really don't know the answer.  Different stages of the process presumably have different rules.  In accountancy if i find an extra receipt while drawing up working papers then i can usually just add it in but if i found it after getting to trial balance then i'd have to do the equivalent of making a separate comment (and excuse) about each receipt.

Jean,

chapter 3 is reviewed and living at:

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/base-handbook/reviewed/base-h-b-chapter-3-tl-version/view

Around page 20 I noticed that the figure numbers had reverted back from 10 to 1. I must have tapped something as the next time I looked they were correctly number 11 and onwards.

Cheers