Book on Styles & Templates in LibreOffice

Friends of OpenDocument, Inc. has signed a contract with Bruce Byfield to
write a book that I and some other members of the Docs team have talked
about for years but no one has come forth to write. (Despite announcing a
year or two ago that I had started work on it, I never found the time to
continue.) See Bruce's blog entry for more information.

http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Online/Blogs/Off-the-Beat-Bruce-Byfield-s-Blog/I-ve-signed-to-write-an-advanced-book-on-LibreOffice

I am now looking for people to review individual chapters or the whole book
as they are written over the next six months or so. Please contact me if
you're interested. We need both technical reviewers (people who know enough
to tell whether Bruce has got it right) as well as non-technical reviewers
(who can tell whether Bruce's explanations make sense to the uninitiated).

--Jean Hollis Weber
Documentation Team Leader

Hi Jean!

Friends of OpenDocument, Inc. has signed a contract with Bruce Byfield to
write a book that I and some other members of the Docs team have talked
about for years but no one has come forth to write. (Despite announcing a
year or two ago that I had started work on it, I never found the time to
continue.) See Bruce's blog entry for more information.

http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Online/Blogs/Off-the-Beat-Bruce-Byfield-s-Blog/I-ve-signed-to-write-an-advanced-book-on-LibreOffice

I am now looking for people to review individual chapters or the whole book
as they are written over the next six months or so. Please contact me if
you're interested. We need both technical reviewers (people who know enough
to tell whether Bruce has got it right) as well as non-technical reviewers
(who can tell whether Bruce's explanations make sense to the uninitiated).

Yay!

Styles are the cornerstone of text processing. The software itself should emphasize that. Dunno where it comes from, but I like this sentence which says it all: "If you don't use styles, the text processor sees the characters. When using styles, the software understands the document." (cited from the top of my mind)

I'm eager to see that book come to daylight as the lack of information in that matter bugs me for a very long time. BTW, a few years ago, I'd written a 50 pages doc about this very topic for the FR OOo documentation [1].

Though my time is still very sparse, I'd be more than happy to have a glance at Bruce's book.

[1] http://www.openoffice.org/fr/Documentation/Guides/StylesModeles.pdf (in French)