Documentation Feedback v4

Hi,

I found this phrase on page 216 rather misleading:

Windows' version of JRE can not be used, while there are other versions that can.

Could you clarify?

Best wishes

Peter Jones
Interim College Data Manager
Young Epilepsy, St Piers Lane, Lingfield, Surrey RH7 6PW

Perhaps this may be "outdated". When this was first written, Microsoft included a version of Java with their windows operating systems. There was even a law suit between Microsoft and Sum Microsystems over this. It was the Microsoft version of Java that could not be used by Openoffice because of what they could not include in Java because of the verdict of the law suit. The same can be said about LibreOffice.
      Perhaps you could tell me. From my recent research, Microsoft no longer produces their own version of Java. Is this true? If so, then the quote needs to be changed to:
         "Some of the components of LibreOffice require JRE (Java Runtime Environment). For these you can install Java from www.java.com, Java from IBM, or openjdk."
      Does this statement makes more sense?

--Dan