Unable to log in to ODFAuthors?

I've received reports that people can't log in to the updated
ODFAuthors website; they're getting a message that their username
cannot be found. it's an issue with the migration of the user accounts
to the new site and will be fixed asap.

Meanwhile, my login works, so I should be able to create accounts for
active individuals who ask, while we're waiting for Andreas (our site
administrator) to be able to add the full list of accounts.

So... if you're actively involved, but you can't log in, let me know.
Please tell me what username you want; you'll be able to set your
preferred password later.

--Jean

My "Detroit" username did not pass muster.

Gary

Likewise for my "bmcs" user name.

Dave

Hi Jean
I hung on but for a while, but have no access to ODF using my "johnsmith" log-in.

Regards
JohnS

Hi John,

Hi Jean
I hung on but for a while, but have no access to ODF using my "johnsmith"
log-in.

I created again a username for you. You should have received an email
with the link to set your password.
If it is still not working, please let me know and I will check again.

Sigrid

I'm not sure, but I think my KieranP account is broken too - when I try to
do a password reset, it tells me that my username could not be found.

Could you check to see if KieranP account has been changed to kieranp (no capitals)?

--Dan

I still receive both "your username and password are both case sensitive"
and "the username you entered could not be found"

Ditto here with my "Detroit" username.

Gary

Hi @all,

I'm not sure, but I think my KieranP account is broken too - when I try to
do a password reset, it tells me that my username could not be found.

Ditto here with my "Detroit" username.

I created new usernames for Gary, Kieran and Girvin.
You should all have received an email with a link to set your
passwords. If this for some reason isn't working (I had some reports
about the capitals being automatically transformed into lowercase
letters and then the login didn't work) then please reply to me
directly and I can give you the default password I'm using and you can
use that to login and change the password then without using the link.

And Girvin, no, as far as I know, it was not our intention to get rid
of all the inactive users. Andreas, who did the migration, ran into
some problems, when he was trying to move the database with all the
users. The import didn't work. And he was on a tradeshow last week and
didn't have time yet to fix everything.

Sigrid

Hi Sigrid, my timlloyd account is also "not found". If you could create a new username for me that would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tim

Done!

/Sigrid

[...]

Sigrid,
A couple of days ago, you told me I would be getting an email with my new temporary password for my odfauthors account (girvinh). I have yet to receive such an email (and, yes, I have looked in my spam folder).
Thanks in advance.
Girvin Herr

Hi Girvin,

Sigrid,
A couple of days ago, you told me I would be getting an email with my new
temporary password for my odfauthors account (girvinh). I have yet to
receive such an email (and, yes, I have looked in my spam folder).

please see my off-list reply.

Sigrid

Sorry, desired login is thecarpy, thanks!

Hi,

I have joined over the weekend and would like to have a login for ODFAuthors as well. I have found an issue in the v4 Getting Started Guide.

The note on page 15 reads:

On computers operating Microsoft Windows or Mac OS X, you can select to use the LibreOffice Open/Save dialogs or the ones provided by the computer operating system. See "Open and Save As dialogs" on page 18 for more information.

However, Figure 8 on page 16 shows the native Linux "Save" dialog, so the note should read:

On some computer systems, you can select to use the LibreOffice Open/Save dialogs or the ones provided by the computer operating system. See "Open and Save As dialogs" on page 18 for more information.

Not sure which operating systems are supported for this. I will read the rest a bit later.

Regards,

HP

Was a One Column [sic] page style intended to be used with the LO chapter template? See the following (rewritten) sentence. The template contained no such animal--and its exposition was silent about it, AFAIK.

/Page Style/. Continues until manually changed to /First Page/ or /One Column/.

Gary

I have no idea what that is about. Where did you find this sentence?

--Jean

In the 3.4 chapter template--in a part that I didn't work on, BTW.

The sentence was rewritten, though, employing different style names--as all the OOo prefixes were deleted (renamed, except for the factory predefined names) and spaces were entered between words in some names.

Gary

IIRC, there are a lot of bizarre things in that template, which I'm
not concerned about because the template itself is going to be
replaced soon anyway with one that is very different in terms of style
names and usage, amongst other things.

--Jean