Print edition of Getting Started with LO4.0

For anyone who might be thinking of buying a printed copy of the new
Getting Started with LO4.0 book, Lulu.com is having a 3-day sale: 20%
off any order using coupon code SPARK. Offer ends 8 March 2013. Direct
link to the book is
http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/libreoffice-40-getting-started-guide/13691923

--Jean

Thanks to all who participated.

Is this lulu.com paper book advertised anywhere on the TDF web site? (I didn't check).
How much income does it brings to TDF per copy? I'm willing to bring some money to the project and this would be a very good incentive.

The book is linked from the get-help/documentation page on the
official website, and from the Documentation/Publications page on the
wiki. On my to-do list is a blog entry publicising it.

The Docs Team earns approximately $6 per book sold. Some of this money
covers publishing costs (such as ISBN and legal-deposit copyright
copies of the books). The rest of the money is held by the publisher,
Friends of OpenDocument Inc, for use by TDF/LO volunteers for purposes
such as providing copies of books to libraries and to LO booths at
conferences, and other marketing activities that TDF does not pay for.

--Jean

Great news. Thanks!

Hi :slight_smile:
I finally managed to convince one of my bosses to buy a couple of copies!  It's been like struggling uphill while wading through treacle.  The dedication to MS is somewhat shocking given the nature of 'my' company's work and it's position and has been very depressing.  So, it's good to see some movement here!
Many thanks all for an excellent product (again)

I've ordered one copy, too.
Thanks to all who gave their energy and time!

Received today! The book is great, thanks again for the good job.

Hi :slight_smile:
I got both mine yday.  My colleague only got 1 although the delivery note listed the 2 she had also ordered.  One of mine was slightly damaged but i took a photo as suggested and they seem very quick about sorting any slightest issues like that.  I'm really happy with the 1 got.  Very smart and swish.  I'm looking forwards to getting the Writer Guide and/or the Base Handbook.