Impress User Guide LO Version 4.0

Hello

One version 4.0 of the Preface can be found in the Impress Draft LO4.0
folder on the ODF Authors website.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/impress-guide/draft-lo4.0/impress-lo4.0-ch-00-preface/view

Ready for review and comment.

Regards

PeterS

Hello

Chapter 1 Introducing Impress version 4.0 is now in the Drafts LO4.0 folder
on the ODF Authors website.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/impress-guide/draft-lo4.0/impress-lo4.0-ch-01-introducing-impress/view

Ready for review and comment.

Regards

PeterS

Hello

Draft version of Impress Chap 2 Using Slide Masters, Styles, and Templates
is now ready for review and comment in the Drafts LO4.0 folder on the ODF
Authors website.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/impress-guide/draft-lo4.0/impress-lo4.0-ch-02-using-slide-masters-styles-and-templates/view

Regards

PeterS

Do not worry Sigrid.

I never send the original file to the ODF Authors. I always keep it and a backup on my computer system just in case something goes missing.

I had forgotten about the migration.

Thanks for your concern.

Regards

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com

Hi Pete, I have uploaded TL20130227 to the feedback folder. Nothing sensational, a handful of comments.

Cheers

Hello Tim

New draft version oc Chap 2 now in the Feedback folder. I have replied to
your comments and slight changes to the text.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/impress-guide/feedback-lo4.0/impress-lo4.0-ch-02-using-slide-masters-styles-and-templates/view

Regards

PeterS

Peter, looks good to me

Cheers

I've now published that chapter. Thanks to both of you! --Jean

Hello

Chapter 3 Adding and Formatting Text for Impress 4.0 is now in the Drafts
LO4.0 folder on the ODF Authors website.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/impress-guide/draft-lo4.0/impress-lo4-0-ch-03-adding-and-formatting-text/view

Please review and comment.

Regards

PeterS

Hello

Draft version of Impress 4.0 Chapter 4 Adding and Formatting Pictures now
ready for review and comment on the ODF Authors website.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/impress-guide/draft-lo4.0/impress-lo4-0-ch-04-adding-and-formatting-pictures/view

Regards

PeterS

Version 4.0 of Impress Guide Chapter 6 Formatting Graphic Objects now on the
ODF Authors website at the following link ready for review and comments.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/impress-guide/draft-lo4.0/ig4-0-ch6-formatting-graphic-objects/view

Please note that I am having problems with the cross referencing and
automatic numbering for frames used for the illustrations. The figure
numbers keep changing each time I make an edit to text or move a frame. So
please check figure numbers and any cross references carefully when you do a
review.

I am using a MacBook Pro operating Mac OS 10.8 Mountain Lion and the latest
version of LibreOffice which is 4.0.3. However I will be checking this file
on an old laptop running Windows XP to see what what happens.

When you have reviewed the draft chapter, please let me know if you have any
problems with the cross referencing and automatic numbering going out of
sequence.

Regards

PeterS

I have reviewed the chapter, made my usual formatting changes, and
published it. I noticed no problems with cross-referencing or figure
numbers going out of sequence.

I am using a MacBook Air running Mac OS X 10.8.3 and LO 4.0.3.

--Jean

Hello Jean

This problem did happen on my iMac (Mac OS 10.7) , which is being slowly retired, and my new MacBook Pro (Mac OS 10.8). I have submitted a bug report about the cross referencing problem. However, this problem does not happen with Windows or Ubuntu.

I have now started Chapter 7 and so far no problems. Watch this space.

With regards

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com

Hello

Version 4.0 Impress Chapter 7 Including Spreadsheets, Charts, and Other
Objects is now ready for review and comment in the 4.0 Drafts folder on the
ODF Authors website.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/impress-guide/draft-lo4.0/ig4-0-ch7-including-spreadsheets-charts-and-other-objects/view

Regards

PeterS

Hello

Version 4.0 of Chapter 8 Adding and Formatting Slides Notes and Handouts is
now in the LO4.0 Drafts folder on the ODF Authors website ready for review
and comment. Now for Chapter 9.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/impress-guide/draft-lo4.0/ig4-0-ch8-adding-and-formatting-slides-notes-and-handouts/view

Regards

PeterS

Hi Peter,

I spotted a couple of minor typos. I have added comments in:

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/impress-guide/feedback-lo4.0/ig4008-with-comments/view

Cheers

Peter,
In anticipation of compiling and publishing the Impress Guide, I'm
getting the covers prepared. I hope you don't get too distracted by
the Calc Guide, even though it very much needs your attention too.

--Jean

Hello Jean

Not a problem. I shall have Chap 9 finished and Chap 10 started this week. The Calc Guide will not distract me too much. I will send you my changes to CG Chap 1 in a couple of days.

Regards

PeterS

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com

Hello Tim

The typos were well spotted Tim. Now corrected.

Hello Jean

Corrected version of Chapter 8 now in the 4.0 published folder on the ODF
Authors website and I have flagged it as externally visible.

Regards

PeterS

Hello

Version 4.0 of the Impress Chapter 9 Slide Shows is now in the LO4.0 Drafts
folder on the ODF Authors website ready for review and comment.

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/impress-guide/draft-lo4.0/ig4-0-ch9-slide-shows/view

Regards

PeterS