Help / Guides for the Impress Android Remote

Hi there,

one of the marquee features of 4.0 was the Android Remote control. The
App itself probably does not need too much additional explanation, but
the interaction with Impress, connecting the device etc. does warrant
a bit of text.

Michael wrote this wiki howto

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Impress/RemoteHowTo

, and I wonder if someone would volunteer to fine-tune that, and/or
ideally roll it into built-in help for Impress?

Other suggestionns on how to best educate users about it welcome of
course - at least for the built-in help, we could then link from
inside the App to the corresponding page on
https://help.libreoffice.org/Impress/Welcome_to_the_Impress_Help

Cheers,

-- Thorsten

Hi Thorsten, all

Hi there,

one of the marquee features of 4.0 was the Android Remote control. The
App itself probably does not need too much additional explanation, but
the interaction with Impress, connecting the device etc. does warrant
a bit of text.

Michael wrote this wiki howto

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Impress/RemoteHowTo

, and I wonder if someone would volunteer to fine-tune that, and/or
ideally roll it into built-in help for Impress?

Other suggestionns on how to best educate users about it welcome of
course - at least for the built-in help, we could then link from
inside the App to the corresponding page on
https://help.libreoffice.org/Impress/Welcome_to_the_Impress_Help

I'll try to work on a built-in help patch, but not before next month
unfortunately.
Inside the built-in help we already have links to some wiki pages for
Calc functions especially, we could also have the link to the Remote doc
page on the wiki at the bottom of the built-in help page ?
Kind regards
Sophie