Regular interviews!?!

Hi :slight_smile:
Err, they say that 4warned is 4armed!  here is a post from the marketing list.

I guess it would be good for some of you to take it in turns so that they get the story from different angles but i'm also guessing that quite a few people in docs wouldn't like the lime-light so i just thought you might need a chance to get some excuses ready (or just say no).  It would be good if the doc team's work got more widely recognised.

Seems i sent the iirc thread off-topic so here is the original thread about
the marketing team potentially doing (weekly?) interviews to post up on
their blog.

I was trying to be humorous in my first post in this thread and it totally
failed so i've just kinda edited out my nonsense from the quote below.
Sadly i couldn't edit the subject-line so we could probably do with a new
thread about blogs.

I think it's in the nature of people drawn to documentation that they might
not be keen to blog or advertise frequently so it might be better to use the
marketing team's blog to get your message out there. As theirs will have a
wider variety of topics and have a faster, more frequent turn-around it's
likely that more people would read it regularly.
Apols and regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Tom wrote

________________________________
From: Marc Paré <

marc@

marketing@.libreoffice

Sent: Wednesday, 13 February 2013, 9:42
Subject: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: (unknown)

Italo, all,

I have about three interviews that are ready to be published from devs
and localizers. I can starto to publish them as of today but if you have
a better timing in mind please let me know.

Thanks,
Charles.

Seeing as you are having more success at this than I was, one suggestion

is to keep going with our blog dev interviews. IMO, we get more exposure
from this if we can keep posting one to two per week. If you approach the
devs and can manage a steady stream of finished interviews, I can help with
scheduling them for posting along a regular time cycle. We have
approximately 500 devs.

For example we could designate the "Wednesday" and  "Friday" as a days of

dev interview posts.

Maybe someone from the QA team (suggestions of Sophie/Joel) could approach

the QA team members and take care of the interviews and I could also do the
same for QA blog posts. We could for example designate "Thursdays" as QA
interview blog posts.

I could take care of the Website team interviews and we could designate

"Tuesdays" as Website interview blog-posts.

That would leave Design (VI,UX) and Docs, l10n and perhaps do some for nl

group leads. We could also do or dare to include the Discussion team in this
as well and pick out certain individuals whose contributions to that
particular team is considered of high standard of participation.

This would make our blog even more attractive to read and for media

dissemination. Having predictable days where certain interviews are done for
certain groups, makes it appealing for those who are interested in specific
groups.

The Docs blog could be used for a variety of purposes, and it does appear in the TDF/LO planet. One thing I'd like us to do is share tips and short how-tos (can be pointers to others' work), which IMO don't really fit on the Marketing blog. --Jean

Totally agree. The topic got changed from the subject line. Didn't mean to suggest I was thinking of interviews on the docs blog. Thanks for clarifying that for other team members. --Jean