IRC Channel?

Is there an IRC channel on freenode for the Documentation team? The only mention of IRC on the Get Involved/Documenters page at the website is to do with the #documentfoundation channel, which is just for general TDF stuff. I know QA have one, and I wondered if there was one for Documentation as well.

Admittedly I see no obvious reason for one, as the responses here seem to be pretty prompt. However, if there is one I would at least like to know what it is.

I've gotten a few nibbles by hanging out in the following unofficial channels:
#libreoffice-doc
#libreoffice-ask
#libreoffice-design

Cheers,
--R

AFAIK, the regulars at Docs are not into IRC much if at all. I
certainly am not. So we don't have our own channel.

We do have a blog! A much under-used blog, which I always intend to
post to more regularly, and encourage others to post to.

There was some idea of the marketing team doing interviews with people from each of the different teams.  The thought was that each week they would have a chat with a different member of the team to get different perspectives and maybe cover different issues that people have found interesting.

I thought there was an iirc channel but that it had probably died by now?

isn't iirc something like instant messengering and needs lots of people to all be awake and chatty at the some time, all the time?  A bit like twitter?  Sounds like a nightmare to me tbh

We (Marc, I, the marketing team) are happy to interview volunteers from across the project including doc volunteers. We don't do that every week though.

Best,

Charles.

Tom Davies <tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk> a écrit :

Ok then. Thanks for the info.

The blog sounds interesting, Jean, would it be possible for you to post a
link to it?

I think it's libodocs,wordpress.com

Slight correction to the link:

libodocs.wordpress.com

The original has a comma between libodocs and wordpress.com. It should be a period.

--Dan

Thanks, Dan. The perils of typing on my phone.