Draft LO 4.0 Chapter 4 - Getting started with Writer

Hi, I downloaded the writer guide from the ODF website but I could not see any obvious way to set status to locked. A quick look at 3.6 shows all this text is also current. However...

P9 "Moving quickly through a document"contains this sentence (below the figure):

The Navigation toolbar (Figure 7) shows icons for all the object types shown in the Navigator, plus some extras (for example, the results of a *Find* command).

"shows" and "shown" in the same sentence? "shows icons for all the object types /displayed/ in the Navigator" perhaps?

P12 The paragraph below "Selecting a vertical block of text, the last sentence contains a number of "or" clauses. I think these would look better bulleted
P14 The Caution:
Use *Replace All* with caution; otherwise, you may end up with some hilarious (and highly embarrassing) mistakes.
Personally I would be emphasising the embarassing while acknowledging, in brackets, that the mistakes may be hilarious.

Cheers
Tim

Hi :slight_smile:
I think there is a sign-out sheet in the wiki
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development/UserGuideTasks
scroll quite a long way down for it though.

Locking may not work with PDF, which is what someone should be reviewing at this point on the Writer Guide for 3.6.

Your instructions are good for reviewing chapters of the Getting Started guide, which are in ODT format.

Jean

Tom, if you click a link in the table of contents at the topic that page, only minimal scrolling is necessary. That's what the TOC is for. :slight_smile:

But the task list is in addition to what Tim was asking about.

Jean