German text in error message on odfauthors.org

Granted I'm a newbie and don't really know what I am doing, but I thought I was uploading a revised (some typos and punctuation fixes) copy of GS3.5 Ch8 (Getting Started with Base) and an error (?) window popped up saying "..." well, I haven't a clue, nor could I capture it to try and translate it. Should have done a screen snapshot but thought I could simply grab the text - nope, window went away. However the file does appear to be in the reviews section under Draft LO 4.0

Sorry about any errors I've made in the renaming of the file, couldn't find the information for reviewing etc. on the page:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development#First_steps_with_the_Documentation_team

that said anything about changing the file name...so simply winged it by changing the date on the uploaded file to today's date.

John :-#)#

Yeah - I'm not sure why, but I had that when I joined a few weeks ago. What
you have to do is to rename it adding your initials after the initials that
already exist (e.g. _KP_ becomes _KP_JR_ in in your case) and change the
date (e.g. 20121201 becomes 20130130).

You then upload it to the "Feedback" folder: e.g. English/Getting
Started/Draft LO 4.0 becomes English/Getting Started/Feedback

Kieran Peckett wrote:

Yeah - I'm not sure why, but I had that when I joined a few weeks ago. What
you have to do is to rename it adding your initials after the initials that
already exist (e.g. _KP_ becomes _KP_JR_ in in your case) and change the
date (e.g. 20121201 becomes 20130130).

You then upload it to the "Feedback" folder: e.g. English/Getting
Started/Draft LO 4.0 becomes English/Getting Started/Feedback

If I see that message again I'll do a quick screen capture and send to the bug folks for translation for those of us who are linguistically challenged. Our education on this side of the pond does not include three languages as appears to be the norm for Europe. Just French and English for Canada, and Spanish and English in the US (in some states).

Thanks, that renaming system makes sense. I did figure out the folder and I believe that my update should be ..._DEL_JR_(date) but let's not quibble (ducking).

Is there a FAQ that that info could be added to for newbies?

John :-#)#

Hi :slight_smile:
There is the old 'joke'

Q1   What do you call someone that can speak a lot of languages?
(A1  Polyglot (or multilingual))

Q2   What do you call someone who can only speak 1 language?
(A2  English)

A while ago when i told it a Japanese buddy piped up (in English) to say he thought i was going to say Japanese for A2