Menu path on a Mac

Hi
Can a Mac user please tell me if this statement is correct, as it appears in a chapter I'm working on.

"If you prefer to use the standard Mac Print dialogs, deselect the *Print dialogs – Use LibreOffice dialogs* option in *LibreOffice > Preferences > General*."

Thanks in advance

JohnS

Yes, that's correct.

Yes JohnS

There is a statement in the Preface about using LibreOffice dialogs for opening, saving and printing. However, printing is only for Linux and Mac OSX. Windows version LO 4.0 does not have LO printing dialogs.

Regards

PeterS

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com

Thanks Jean and Peter for replying.

Peter makes a further comment;

"There is a statement in the Preface about using LibreOffice dialogs for opening, saving and printing. However, printing is only for Linux and Mac OSX. Windows version LO 4.0 does not have LO printing dialogs."

I've revisited Preface and will use the same amended text that's used there in my relevant chapter. It now removes the confusion a Windows-only reader could have.

As a final question on this, what is the full menu path used to get to "... Preferences > General"? Is it in "Tools > Options > LibreOffice >Preferences ..."? I'd like to put it in full in the document.

Thanks
John Smith

I have attached a screen shot of LibreOffice open on the Mac. It has a panel at the top like the Unity desktop. The panel contains the menus for any window that has been selected with the left end of the panel having the name of that window. For this screen shot, I had LibreOffice 4.0.0.0Beta2 open. When "LibreOffice" is clicked, a menu opens with "Preferences" being one of the choices. So, "LibreOffice > Preferences > General" is the full menu path.

--Dan

Thanks Dan
Can you mail that directly to my email so I can see it please?

John Smith

Hello JohnS

For Mac OS use LibreOffice > Preferences > LibreOffice > General and for Windows or Linux use Tools > Options > LibreOffice > General. There you will find the options for using LO dialogs.

Regards

PeterS

Hi :slight_smile:
You can always use Nabble to upload a file to the thread. Just above the
"Message" box is a button "More" and it's top option is to upload a file
UploadviaNabble-2013-01-27.gif
<http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n4032361/UploadviaNabble-2013-01-27.gif>