Which version of LibreOffice to use when reviewing?

When reviewing chapters, be sure to use the same version of LO that
the chapter is about. Therefore, if you're reviewing Writer Guide
v3.6, then be sure you have LO v3.6.x. When working on any book for
v4.0, use v4.0.

LO 4.0 Release Candidate 1 is out, and everyone working on v4.0 docs
should get it and install it. If you're on Mac or Linux, installing it
alongside LO3.x is easy; if you're on Windows, it's a bit more
complicated to avoid the normal install, which replaces whatever
version of LO is already on your Windows machine. (I think this sucks,
but that's a different discussion.)

Here is where you get LO v4.0:
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/pre-releases/

This guide
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_in_parallel
hopefully helps install more than one version of LO/OO/NeoOffice alongside each other.

If you're on Mac or Linux, installing it
alongside LO3.x is easy; if you're on Windows, it's a bit more
complicated to avoid the normal install, which replaces whatever
version of LO is already on your Windows machine. (I think this sucks,
but that's a different discussion.)

Watch out if you compile LO from source (I had to do this for Arch). The
default install will be the same as the 3.X stable version.
Set up the PREFIX variable accordingly in the config/make setup.