I'd like to help with documentation.

Hello all--I'd like to help out with LibreOffice documentation. My
background is a BA in English and a Masters in fine arts in creative
writing. At my current office job in the insurance field, I'm finding
myself slowly putting together an instruction manual for my job (which is
relatively easy, but no one really knew how to do it after the old person
left). My hobbies and interests lie more in the internet/technology fields
though. I'd like to move more toward the technical writing field but I'm
having a couple of problems: namely, no experience in the field, and no
real idea of what type of technical writing I want to do (software,
something else, etc).

So I'd like to get involved with LibreOffice documentation so I can get a
feel for this type of writing--I'm especially interested in getting
experience with causes that I support like the open internet. I do have
gobs of writing experience, but as I don't have specifically tech writing
experience, I imagine I could be of most use right now in the
proofreading/reviewing/editing area--eventually though I'd like to help
with authoring, indexing, and web content development.

I'd like to request an account at ODFAuthors.org, and, if someone has the
time, a little guidance on where to go from here. I imagine my immediate
next step will be to read through the documentation wiki, so I'll work on
that.

Thank you!

~Erin Reardon

I'll get your account set up a bit later today. Meanwhile, look for links to chapters of the Contributors Guide on the wiki.

I'll make time this weekend to give some better directions to you and other people who recently joined the group. Everyone can help, regardless of their knowledge or experience.

--Jean