Getting Started with LO 4.0

Work on Getting Started with LO 4.0 is well underway, but more help is needed.

John Smith and Peter Schofield have done the chapters on Writer, Calc,
and Draw; Peter is working on the chapter on Impress; Dan Lewis has
done Base; John and Peter will do Chapters 1 and 2.

I'll update the Task List. The other chapters are up for grabs. Don't
be shy, but please do be quick.

At this point we're using the same interior template as for earlier
versions of LO, although the cover design will be somewhat different.
I had intended to do some work before this on the covers and interior
design (modifying klaus-jurgen's proposals), but I've been otherwise
occupied. I hope to get to it this weekend (but I know I've said that
before).

--Jean

Hello Jean

Getting Started with Calc and draw are now available for review and comment on the ODF Authors website.

I have started Chapter 1 Introduction To L:ibreOffice which will not take too long and then it will be onto Getting with Impress.

Regards

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com

Hi Jean,

Work on Getting Started with LO 4.0 is well underway, but more help is needed.

John Smith and Peter Schofield have done the chapters on Writer, Calc,
and Draw; Peter is working on the chapter on Impress; Dan Lewis has
done Base; John and Peter will do Chapters 1 and 2.

I'll update the Task List. The other chapters are up for grabs. Don't
be shy, but please do be quick.

At this point we're using the same interior template as for earlier
versions of LO, although the cover design will be somewhat different.
I had intended to do some work before this on the covers and interior
design (modifying klaus-jurgen's proposals), but I've been otherwise
occupied. I hope to get to it this weekend (but I know I've said that
before).

Maybe you should wait for this because the design team is in processing for a new branding for 4.0. Deadline is January 26th [1].

[1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Whiteboards/4.0_Branding#Deadline

Thank you. Yes, I'll wait. I have many other things to do, so I like to have a good excuse to postpone one of them. :slight_smile:

Jean