Revised template for user guides

Hi Jean
May I suggest a change to the Scenario frame style? A simple change of border colour from Blue to Black. All the instances of this frame style that I've come across in the guides have black borders irrespective of the template. I guess they've all been manually changed.

Regards
JohnS

Yes, definitely. Thanks for the reminder. I'll put it on the wiki page
for the template revision if you haven't already done so.

Isn't a black border soemthing to do with funerals and the greiving process?  Like people from some cultures have to wear black, or a black arm-band when attending a funeral?

I think a green border would be nicer but no border might be even better as it avoids the whole printer issue of not printing anything in the 4mm around the edge of a page.  If people print pages to A3 and then fold or cut then a border can get messed-up too.  When i make posters i try to avoid anything that could look messy if cut or folded badly.

Hello

In my opinion page borders in a user guide should be avoided because it can distract a user when reading. Page borders should only really be used if you are printing more than one page on a sheet of paper and this is can normally be setup in the printing dialog.

The only time borders should be used is around illustrations and figures, especially when you have got more than one graphic in the illustration. Tables should also have an outline border.

Regards

PeterS

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com

It's not a page border. It's a frame around a paragraph or several
that is a "scenario". We only have a few of them.

Ahh, cool.  Sorry i got the wrong end of the stick there.

Thanks and regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Hi Jean
I've added it to the Wiki page now.