From: Regina Henschel <rb.henschel@t-online.de>
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Sent: Tuesday, 4 December 2012, 17:18
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] [Writer/Draw] How to insert fields into graphic?

Hi Gordom,

gordom schrieb:

Thank you very much for your advice. Unfortunately I'm facing some
problem with captions. I don't want to have any text shown except
numbers. Therefore I choose no category. Problem

is that automatic

numbering doesn't work in this circumstances. I tried leaving this field
blank (putting a space there) but it didn't work neither.

Do not use the Caption wizard, but set the field manually.

My goal is to get something like that:

__printscreen__________
    >  ____                |
    >  >    > 1            |
    >  >____|              |
    >    _____________    |
    >    >            >    >
    >    >            > 2  |
    >    >_____________|    |

>                      >

    >                      >

Any clues?

If your pictures are inside a frame, you can only use a "Number Range", if you will reference them later on using the number. Another kind of reference will not work. When you do not use the "Caption"-feature, then you insert a "Number Range" by Insert > Fields > Other... > Tab "Variables". Choose "Number Range" left, and "Illustration" in the

middle. Insert. Close.