Base Handbook Chapter 3, Tables

I have edited Chapter 3, Tables, of the translated Base Handbook. I
have left one question for Robert to answer. The file is here:

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/base-handbook/reviewed/base-h-b-ch3-tables/view

--Jean

Hi Jean,

I have edited Chapter 3, Tables, of the translated Base Handbook. I
have left one question for Robert to answer. The file is here:

http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/base-handbook/reviewed/base-h-b-ch3-tables/view

I have read the comment. "Working with external HSQLDB" is a part of the
last Chapter of the German Base-Handbuch. This Chapter is called
"Anhang" -could be it is called "Attachment" in English?

I don't know: Should I try to declare it? Is the term "Attachment" the
right term in a book, or is it "annex", "appendage" ore something like this?

Regards

Robert

The term use in the English versions is Appendix.

--Dan

I have amended Chapter 3 following Robert's comments and put it into
the Edited folder:
http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/base-handbook/edited/base-h-b-ch3-tables/view

Others are welcome (indeed, strongly encouraged) to review it further.

--Jean

I have retracted this file to review it. It will probably take a couple of days. Then I will be getting back to rewriting the Query section of Base Guide chapter 2 before finishing the rewrite of this section in chapter 4.

--Dan

I have seen a term a few times in the first several pages: table editor. In the English version, the title in the banner when it is open reads Table Design. Should "table editor" be changed to "Table Design"?
      A similar question about queries although I have not read that chapter. There is the query wizard, query Design (Both Design View and SQL View), and Execute SQL Statement.

--Dan

Hi Jean,

[...]

You are right. When I open an English version of LO-Base, the Window is
called "Table Design"

     A similar question about queries although I have not read that
chapter. There is the query wizard, query Design (Both Design View and
SQL View), and Execute SQL Statement.

The Chapter "Queries" isn't translated yet. Could be I copy the
translated queries of the example-database to this chapter and somebody
else would translate the text?

Robert

I suppose I could do this. I must say I find this kind of translation
work heavy going but obviously someone has to do it.