Funding Wishlist

Hi everyone,

In trying to better assess the TDF/LibreOffice funding requirements, we are compiling a wishlist of funding request particular to your team's needs. While there is no guarantee that this will get you funding for any particular item, it will help to better assess and prioritize the project's needs.

I have volunteered to take care of setting up, as well as, document (facilitate) the proposal from Florian (below)[1]

snip

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder to your teams about this.

We are seriously looking at different teams' wishlists. Please do take a little time out of your busy schedule and speak to your teams about any funding for items that you think may be of importance to your team or the enhance the functioning of your team's work on the project. So far there are only the website and marketing teams who are working on some items. Feel free to ask if you have any questions regarding this. At this point, anything goes, as long as the requests are reasonable. We need these items for planning more effective funding drives as well as for budgeting. It would really help if your suggestions come along with approximate costs where possible.

Cheers,

Marc

Hi everyone,

Just to clarify. We are really looking for your team's wishlist and it must be of budgetary consideration. This is not a wishlist for new UX-designs, new logos etc. The wishlist should really be discussed with your other team members so that we can get a better view of the needs of the different LibreOffice teams.

For example: website team is looking at infrastructure (big and small); the marketing team is discussing the possibility of "Booth kits" to be deployed/shipped to areas/regions where conference materials are in desperate need.

Leave me a message on this thread is you have any questions. Please do not send me your personal wishlists; I will go around and collect the wishlists from your list/thread later or as I see your discussions and decisions are made.

Cheers,

Marc

Hello Docs Team,
You may have seen this note from Marc here or on another list. IMO
Docs is self-funding through sales of printed copies of books, but if
there is anything you think should be added to the official LO
wishlist, please respond on this thread. (And please read the rest of
this note first.)

My wishlist (for items not covered by book sales) includes funding for
one full-time-equivalent technical writer (actually 2 or 3 part-time
people), but I don't think that's a realistic thing to put on the
official wishlist. :slight_smile:

--Jean

Hi All,

As far as I think LibreOffice has a big shortage on Marketing, I don't
want to disrespect the marketing-team of LibreOffice, but I think
there are to few people doing marketing, and the tools they have are
limited.

I think we can make a huge jump forward with a Website that people can
update without HTML-skills and easily from a web-based back-end. I
don't know how to do that, as there are also people there needed.

- --
Greetings,
Rob Snelders

You may have seen this note from Marc here or on another list. IMO
Docs is self-funding through sales of printed copies of books, but if
there is anything you think should be added to the official LO
wishlist, please respond on this thread. (And please read the rest of
this note first.)

My wishlist (for items not covered by book sales) includes funding for
one full-time-equivalent technical writer (actually 2 or 3 part-time
people), but I don't think that's a realistic thing to put on the
official wishlist. :slight_smile:

--Jean

Just getting back to some teams about their wishlist items. If you could cost out the approximate cost of a full-time or part-time tech writer, you could still submit it.

Other options that you may want to consider, is perhaps the TDF sending more than one of their dedicated-contributing docs team members to a docs tech conference. Or sending more docs team members to more conferences who focus on doc development issues/tools.

It you put your proposals down, then at least they are aware of the needs of the docs team.

So far the following teams are working on items to submit:

website team-infrastructure; dev team; marketing team; accessibility team

Cheers,

Marc

Hi Jean,

Would you like me to include any of this to the wiki page? You never know ...

I am going around collecting the mailing lists responses.

Marc

Hi :slight_smile:
Sorry, Jean is away for a few days, perhaps even a week or 2, so she might not be able to respond.  I'm not sure if someone else on the list has been following the discussion here.
Apols and regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the heads up. I'll ping her later then.

Marc

No. I didn't get any feedback from the team, and at this time I don't
think it's a good idea in terms of community. --Jean

BTW, I'm getting a phone connection more often than I expected, though
there are large gaps sometimes. (Australia is big, really big...) I'll
be working on LO matters on Wednesday and Thursday, and home on
Friday.

--Jean

OK, thanks for the reply and hope you are having a great rest.

Cheers,

Marc