Making a start

Hi John,
I'm working on the Writer guides as well. I've submitted a draft of one
chapter and have another chapter almost completed. That info should be in
the status chart, but let me know if you have any questions about what I'm
working on.

Thanks,

Jamie Eby

Hi Jamie
Thanks for the heads up.
I've started to take my chapters to work on from the Wiki, http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications
It's been a while since I helped out and maybe you could point me to the status chart you mention below so that I don't step on your toes. I had the impression from an email from Jean that Writer was up for grabs, sorry.
I've done chapter 1 and am working on chapter 2. Let me know if you have this one on the go and I'll let it go.

Regards
JohnS

Hi Jamie
I've found the relevant page on the wiki and will be using it to show what I'm doing. I'll continue with chapter 2, and I'll and upload chapter 1 to ODF to the Drafts folder as you've done with chapter 4.
Regards
JohnS

John and Jamie,
I think there are some more items that need to be added to Chapter 4.
I've not found time to check whether that it true or not. John,
perhaps when you have time you could look at the features list and Ch4
and see what you think.

John, sorry I failed to mention that Jamie was also working on the
Writer Guide. It's big enough that having two people working on it is
probably a good thing, and means you can review each other's work as
well (since we have difficulty finding people to do proper reviews in
a timely manner).

--Jean

Hi Jean
I have a printout of the 3..5 and 3.6 features lists and will add things where needed. We should be able to look over each other's work and make suggestions if we spot anything. I'll take a look at Ch4 soon, and perhaps Jamie will be happy to look at my Ch1 and comment if necessary.
The documents in the ODF draft folder I do appreciate are unfinished as 4.0 has yet to be released and I see there are ongoing discussions about the template that is to be used.

JohnS

Hi John,

Sure, I can look at chapter 1. I should be done with a chapter 8 draft this
weekend as well.

Jamie

Hi John and Jamie,

We, the Dutch speaking community, are presently translating the Writer guide. As you are working to upgrade this guide to 3.6, could you point me where you keep your draft versions, as I cannot trace them on ODFAuthors site.

Many thanks
Best regards

Leo