New documentation design for 4.0

Hi,
starting a new thread:
> Documentation would like a new cover design for the user guides.

Any requests, suggestions (spelled out, not designed), ideas, (handmade) sketches?
Where are the weaknesses in the old design?

> We have also been looking at some internal design changes for the
> docs, but probably won't have time to implement many of them. --Jean

Maybe we should collect the ideas for the template in a wiki page, starting here:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development#First_steps_with_the_Documentation_team

Hi,
starting a new thread:
> Documentation would like a new cover design for the user guides.

Any requests, suggestions (spelled out, not designed), ideas, (handmade) sketches?
Where are the weaknesses in the old design?

I like the current design a lot (especially the background graphic and the different colours for each book), but I think it would be good for people to tell from a glance at the covers that the 4.0 books are a different set of books from those for 3.x. I have nothing specific in mind yet.

> We have also been looking at some internal design changes for the
> docs, but probably won't have time to implement many of them. --Jean

Maybe we should collect the ideas for the template in a wiki page, starting here:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development#First_steps_with_the_Documentation_team

Good idea. I'll put what I have on the wiki later today Thanks!

starting a new thread:

Documentation would like a new cover design for the user guides.

Any requests, suggestions (spelled out, not designed), ideas, (handmade) sketches?
Where are the weaknesses in the old design?

I like the current design a lot (especially the background graphic and the different colours for each book), but I think it would be good for people to tell from a glance at the covers that the 4.0 books are a different set of books from those for 3.x. I have nothing specific in mind yet.

Ok, here is a first proposal [1]:

[1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:K-j/Drafts/Concept-GIn#Documentation

It is a concept with

a) Cover for book
b) Cover for chapter
c) Page design
d) Back cover (see also the discussion [2])

[2] http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/msg06261.html

Thank you! I have one comment right now, about the front covers. The
large empty area in the top half of the cover looks strange to me, and
the small LibreOffice logo in the top left gets a bit lost, I think. I
prefer to have a larger LibreOffice logo in this blank area.

I will say something about the other designs soon.

--Jean