Rejoining

Hi Jean.
I'd like to help out in the team again if that's ok?
Looks like I've run out of holiday opportunities for a while :slight_smile: .
I see my ODF account is still valid so that aspect is ok. Perhaps you can give me a quick run down on changes since I was last involved?. What template is in use etc.?
You could then point me at what you think I could be getting on with.
I hope I can be of use.

Regards
John Smith

Yes! Yes! Very welcome, and help is much needed. We have decided not to attempt to finish the Writer or Calc Guides for v3.5 or do any books for v3.6 and instead concentrate on v4.0 (which was going to be v3.7, if you see any references to it elsewhere).

PeterS has agreed to do Calc, Draw, and Impress. That leaves Getting Started and Writer. Take your pick. GS is most urgent, but Writer is very important, being the second most popular book after GS.

We won't have a beta of v4.0 until December, but already there is an extensive features list on the wiki, so we can work on the first step of determining which topics should go into which chapters of which books. We can also look at the books in terms of any improvements that might need to be made, for consistency or topic order or level of detail or whatever. I'll have more to say about that in a later note.

For the time being, we'll continue to use the same template as for v3.4.

Other changes: Alfresco is gone. We're using the ODFAuthors website exclusively. And the wiki. I am in the process of updating the Contributors Guide and the wiki.

--Jean

The features list for v4.0 is here:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/3.7

The books will also need to include features from v3.6 and in some
cases v3.5. Those lists are here:
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/3-5-new-features-and-fixes/
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/3-6-new-features-and-fixes/

To save time, we intend to keep using the Galaxy icon set in the
books; PeterS has written a bit about that and other "what you see may
be different from what's in the books" topics for the Preface of all
the books. The effort required to replace images that do not otherwise
need changing is too great, too time-consuming.

--Jean