[libreoffice-users] RE: Survey about newcomer experience for LibreOffice project contributors

Hi :slight_smile:
Most studies about desktop users are funded by MS.  It's pretty rare to see one that mentions OpenSource at all.  Mysteriously, the ones that get published tend to favour MS, so it's really quite amazing to find one that might be independent and might even discover some truths.  So, I think anyone that can take the survey might well be helping both us and the people doing the survey.

https://limesurvey.sim.vuw.ac.nz/index.php?sid=14153〈=en

It doesn't take long to complete the survey and it can be done in chunks quite easily.  I think we should support it so i am forwarding it to another couple of lists.  It's interesting that their definition of 'newcomer' (they mean someone in LO around 2 years or less) covers just about everyone using LO.  I wasn't in OpenOffice.org but i get the impression that there are significant differences in infrastructure, attitudes and approach.  Also their definition of "member" is a lot more open than TDF's so if
you are not officially a member then you can probably still fill it in.

Regards from
Tom Davies