Draw Guide LO3.5 Full Book

Hello

A couple of problems with the full book.

Some cross references to figures got lost and I have fixed them.

One problem I cannot fix. After Chapter 2 title page there is a repeat of
the full table of contents. I cannot delete this and not sure how to fix it.

I placed a copy of the full book in the LO3.5 Feedback folder on the ODF
Authors website.

I am now on vacation, back on 12 November.

Regards

PeterS

Drat. I thought I had removed all of them. I'll fix it. --Jean

Hello

I have fixed the TOC problem and some more lost cross references and not the
same ones as 20 October. These lost cross references means to me that there
is a problem in LibreOffice as it does keep happening. I have sent the new
version to Jean by email because of the following problems.

At the moment I cannot access the ODF Authors website as it keeps telling me
there is an error. It was OK yesterday.

Also, cannot access the LO documentation wiki page and log in as it tells me
my cookies setting is preventing this. My cookie setting has not changed
since yesterday 20 October when I accessed the documentation wiki.

Can somebody report these problems as it is now time for me to pack before
my lovely wife pulls the plug. I think she wants to go somewhere tomorrow.

See you all in November.

PeterS

Hi :slight_smile:
The wiki seems to drop out occasionally, not very often but it's a little annoying as it seems to know when i need it and carefully chooses those moments.  It should be ok most of the time so just try again when you have time.

The wiki is going to be upgraded soon.  Probably just before you get back or shortly after.  Have fun and see you in November (possibly before too, knowing you)
Apols and regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

I have fixed the TOC problem and some more lost cross references and not the
same ones as 20 October. These lost cross references means to me that there
is a problem in LibreOffice as it does keep happening.

What version of LO were you using? I saw the problem in the file in
v3.5.x and then v 3.6.1, so I upgraded to v3.6.2 and the problem went
away... or at least I didn't see it any more. Perhaps I was lucky, or
I missed something.

I have sent the new
version to Jean by email because of the following problems.

At the moment I cannot access the ODF Authors website as it keeps telling me
there is an error. It was OK yesterday.

Also, cannot access the LO documentation wiki page and log in ...

Can somebody report these problems

I have now uploaded replacement ODT file to ODFAuthors and both ODT
and PDF files to the wiki. I haven't checked them closely to make sure
that no problems (missing x-refs or whatever) remain, so if you spot
anything, let me know.

--Jean

Hello Jean

I was using LO version 3.6.2 on my iMac to check the Draw Guide full book.
I corrected some missing cross references, ran update all and that is when
the TOC appeared after Chap 2 title page.

The missing cross references is something that has been happening since I
have been using LO on the user guides. You fix the cross reference and the
next time you open the file there are more missing cross references. This
has also happened on a laptop running Ubuntu so it is not specific to one
OS. Needs investigating by the software guys with some urgency. It could
put users off from seriously using LO as a replacement for MS version.

Regards

PeterS