From MS Word to Writer: keeping my styles, macros, toolbars from Normal.dot

Hello all, and thank you for welcoming me here.

First, I'd like to address the remarks of the few people who told me that I
should not "fill any fuel into [my new car] even if [it] looks very similar
like the old one".

I am not starting my document-creating life from scratch today. I created
lots of content over many years, and would like to keep using that content.
There are thousands (millions?) of users like me: should all the people who
used Word before OOo and LibO even existed lose the tools they've spent
years perfecting?

I think my migration questions are perfectly valid. And I'll go further: I
think an official answer (read: documentation) should be available to all
of LibO's users. Because no, not many people are born into using LibO: most
are, instead, migrating from another office suite. If you want them to
adopt this new software, you must help them doing so!

Hi :slight_smile:
Wow!!  Looks like a lot of valuable work and some good feedback there.  Perhaps something that would be good for a wiki-page?

If you want to post some of the contents of some of your macros to the Users List or tell us what you wanted them to do then there might be soem help in translating them into LO macros or pointing you to existing Extensions that already do something similar.  It's not really what the Users List is for but sometimes people with the rigth skills are here and get interested in the odd challenge.