Screenshots for translated "Base-Handbuch"

Hi,

I would try to make screenshots for the English version of the
translated chapters of the German "Base-Handbuch". I don't know, if they
should look the same as in the earlier versions of the handbooks in
Germany. There is needed a Gnome-2-installation for this screenshot with
Clearlooks-Theme. I have this version installed on my system, but when I
would update my system to a newer version there isn't any
Gnome-2-installation supported.

When I have a look at
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/5/5e/Producing-LO-userguides.odt
, it seems to be as if I could decide with which Theme and which
userinterface I will make the screenshots - or does there exist another
special guide for it?

Regards,

Robert

Hi :slight_smile:
We have tried to use themes and things that are fairly high-contrast and clear when printed but one that looks nice and that seems to have something similar on all other platforms so that screenshots can be reasonably consistent whichever OS you are using.

There are a lot of new things such as Unity and so on but i think Jean found one in Unity and probably other DEs too.  I can't remember which OS you are using.  Could you remind us?

Hi Tom,

We have tried to use themes and things that are fairly high-contrast and clear when printed but one that looks nice and that seems to have something similar on all other platforms so that screenshots can be reasonably consistent whichever OS you are using.

There are a lot of new things such as Unity and so on but i think Jean found one in Unity and probably other DEs too. I can't remember which OS you are using. Could you remind us?

I am using OpenSUSE 11.4 with KDE. Only problem with my window-manager:
Only under LO and OOo the window-title looks like "LibreOffice
<@user.host>".
Jean has also answered per private mail. So I will use my normal
desktop. Hope I will get away this <@user.host>.

Regards,

Robert

Oops, I intended to send this to the list as well as to Robert. --Jean

You (or someone) could use GIMP or another program to edit out
<@user.host> if it's a problem.

If that is just something unusual appearing only in the title-bar then could you use Gimp to copy&paste an empty part of the title-bar (or another one) to cover it up?  There might be other tools that you could use instead of Gimp, perhaps Draw?

If you can send me a screenshot off-list i might be able to cover it up a bit?  I usually have Gimp open at work.

In KDE it is rather easy using Kolourpaint. Need more info? Just ask.

Hi Freek,

In KDE it is rather easy using Kolourpaint. Need more info? Just ask.

I have made the whole screenshots of the German "Base-Handbuch" with
GIMP. An easy program is that program, where I know know what and how to
do. So easy is very personally - for other people GIMP could be a very
difficult and too powerful program.

My problem isn't to get away "<@user.host>" by pushing some pixel. I
will get it away in the title, when I start the program. On my netbook
LO is shown with OpenSuSE 12.1 and KDE without this "<@user.host>". On
my pc LO is shown with OpenSuSE 11.4 and KDE with "<@user.host>". I
don't know, why. but I want to know it.

Regards,

Robert

You might find a setting in System Settings -> Window Behavior -> Window Rules

Hi Freek,

I have tested all the way through the settings of KDE. But I noticed,
that all other systems with nearly the same installation didn't have
this behavior showing <@user.host> in the titel. The difference to them:
When I wanted to save or open files with my system-dialogs on my pc LO
opens an old dialog of KDE 3. This was the only difference between my
installations. So I have uninstalled all packeges, which only worked
with Kde3. Now the title of LO looks, like it should be.

Thanks for the help.

Regards

Robert

Hi :slight_smile: