Documentation volunteering

Hi there,

My name is Daniel Rose, and I am interested in volunteering with the
documentation side of LibreOffice. Is there room for me to get involved?

I am a second year student at the University of Ballarat, Australia,
studying IT.
I'm also reasonably new to LibreOffice.

I'm mainly interested in proofreading and reviewing, especially
documentation aimed at new users.

What would be the best way to get started?

Regards,
Daniel Rose

Welcome! Yes, there is plenty of work to be done. Good to see another Aussie here (I live on Townsville). Someone else will need to set up an account for you on the ODFAuthors website so you can upload amended files, but you should be able to get files to work on from the site or from the wiki. You'll also need a wiki account but you can do that yourself.

As a new user of LibreOffice, you could start reviewing and updating the chapters of the Getting Started guide for LO v3.6. See the Contributors Guide for more info or ask questions here on the list.

--Jean